Environment Management and Conservation Related Project
ACFED implements a number of activities to create awareness and engender action on environmental challenges and have worked with diverse stakeholders to marshal solutions, adaptability strategies, develop regulatory instruments and facilitate compliance thereto. These include:
i. The Green Executive Training Programme which focused on building the understanding of the captains of industries on environmental issues and helping them improve on their operation modalities
ii. Mainstreaming environment issues into the budget of various government MDAs. This was carried out under the USAID PROSPCT Programme between 2004-2006
iii. Study of Environmental regulations that are applicable to Oil and Gas Companies in Nigeria under the NLNG ISO Requirement compliance programme.
iv. Study and Advocacy project on environment and development budgeting in Nigeria under the USAID PROSPECT Programme Implemented in partnership with MSI
v. Waste to Wealth project for Urban Slum Communities funded by European Commission, Comic Relief and DFID, Torture Prevention and Rights Awareness Campaign funded by the European Commission and others.
- Human Right and Law related activities
- Torture Prevention and Awareness Campaign (TOPRAC) 2013 to date with start-up funding grant from European Union under her EIDHR Programme,
- Study and Review of State Environment related laws and drafting of State Environmental Protection Laws for Abia, Anambra, Bayelsa, Delta, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo and Ondo States. This was carried out between 1996 and 1999 under the UNDP 4th Country Programme.
- Training of legal practitioners drawn from private practice, Ministries of Justices, State Judiciaries etc. on Environmental Policy, Legislation and Enforcement. This was carried out between 1996 and 1999 under the UNDP 4th Country Programme.
- Documentation of Laws and policies that regulate oil and gas industry operations in Nigeria. The project was commissioned by NLNG.
- Coordinated the Workshop and Training Section of the 2008 Rivers State Conference on Sustainable Development sponsored by Rivers State Sustainable Development Agency and facilitated by Southern Field Development Partners.